Marc's Whereabouts

Thursday, August 05, 2004

So Fleur (See previous episode...) knows I'm in Holland. We've been exchanging e-mails since BC. She wanted to see me, but I didn't know if I wanted to meet her as a friend, meet her boyfriend, pretend nothing had ever happened between us. Finally, she told me to meet her on monday the 26th at the meeting point at amsterdam centraal station - no expectations. Half a day later I got another e-mail. She was calling it all off, there would be no meeting. You keep your memories, I'll keep mine, she said. So I sent her back the message that I was going anyway and that I'd wait three hours, and she could be there or not. So I'm here now, at the meeting point, waiting for a girl that isn't coming, next to an accordean player playing an appropriately tragic song, writing this.