Marc's Whereabouts

Thursday, January 16, 2003

The sun will come out, tomorrow... bet your bottom dollar that tomorrrrrrow, they'll be sun....
I was singing that to myself after more consecutive rainy days than I had experienced along my entire trip. Lo and behold, the sun finally came out in oregon. I made a good distance that sunny day, despite a loose rear hub (for those of you who do not know bicycle lingo, that's the part that keeps the wheel from wobbling all over the damned place). Eventually, after a few days out in the bush, I arrived in Eugene, Oregon. Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon, which I decided would be a fun place to visit for a couple of days. I have also repaired my hub and the bike is riding wonderfully for the first time in a while. I'm about two days south of Portland - the big town in this region. Also, I am about two days from Washington state, since portland is right at the top of the state. So I might be heading up there tomorrow... we'll see. I decided to treat myself to a hostel while in Eugene. The hostel here sucks, however, and there's only one. So if I can't find another place to live, I will say goodbye to Eugene in search of greener pastures. I am currently in the university library and am going to go find a couple of classes to audit.