Marc's Whereabouts

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

The very fair criticism that I do not update my site enough has been levelled at me by several of my friends. Very well, I'll do better (ya vultures).
I have bounced around all over San Francisco. From one night to the next I have no idea where I'm staying. The town is a little sleepier than I expected, but it is gradually growing on me, I have to grudgingly admit. For those of you who are wondering, Lawrence Ferlinghetti IS alive, despite (probably Lisa's) insistence that he had kicked the bucket. I am currently a block away from the city lights bookstore and spent most of my day there. I assure you, he's alive. I recently met a scottish relative of mine (second cousin, I think) who lives on the outskirts of San Fran. I am currently staying with her and her Enlish husband.

Still no word on the curd cheese. My patience has its limits, my friends :)

I've made some friends in the town, and am working on getting used to the cell-phones (NEVER!).
"You DON'T have a cell phone?", asks a San Francisco local, flabbergasted.

Tomorrow I am going to the port of Oakland to try and get some cargo freighter work, destination unimportant. They'll probably think I'm on the lam from the law!

What else, what else. Oh, I lost my goddamn helmet somehow. However will I find another that fits my gargantuan-melon-head?

Well, that's it for now because this computer is not working right, and I can't actually see what I'm typing. I hope this gets through!