Marc's Whereabouts

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Oh by the way, on saturday - my birthday - I shaved my head right to the scalp. I am completely bald. Then, with my friend Olivier (Olive for short - or, um, slightly shorter), we hit the town and invaded a local english pub. A short time after our arrival, two beautiful german women sit down across from us - a blonde and a brunette, we're talking absolute knockouts - and one tells me, in a sultry german accent, how much she ADORES dreads - spontaneously, I might add - and, at the outset, curly black hair. I lifted my hat to reveal my bare skull, and the response I received was a squeal, and, "It's so ugly! Why do men do that to themselves?". She turns to her friend and says something in German, and her friend asks me, with sincere sympathy in her voice, "Did you lose a bet?"