Marc's Whereabouts

Friday, April 25, 2003

Alright. It's been a long time, I know. Well I stayed in Victoria for a while. I did odd jobs to support myself in victoria, including laying sod, cutting flowers and driving a rickshaw (bicycle taxi). As a bicycle taxi driver, I was also responsible for giving tours of the city - a city I had just arrived in and knew nothing about. So, of course, I made things up. Calling upon my skill at spinning yarns, I gave tours of the city like no other. Did the american tourists know the difference? No. Will they ever? Probably not.
Despite having gone to victoria with the intention of steering clear of the opposite sex, I ended up involved in a doomed realtionship with a girl named Lindsay. After that was over, I returned to the hostel and ended up getting involved in a love pentagon. No, no, a love triangle is not sufficient for me, apparently. It involved myself, and two seperate girls who were somewhat estranged from their boyfriends. So that's 5 people. I'm starting to think I might be a masochist. Well, anyways, suffice it to say I left Victoria running. I did have a good time there, however, and have fallen for a dutch goth-chick named Fleur, with long black hair and bright blue eyes. She was working for the wilderness commitee, and protesting almost daily. She's incredible, and may come to visit me in montreal in august, before going back to holland. I hope so! I have been dreaming of her during many cold nights. I made lots of friends in victoria, including a fellow named Marty who wants me to come live on a sailboat during the summer. Tempting. In Victoria, I spent many a night partying around a campfire on the beach, and staring off dreamily into the ocean - good times I won't soon forget. And then I left there, crossing over to Vancouver and then hitting the road. My bike, a piece of scrap now, has been abandoned, and I am now relying upon my thumb to carry me home. And so here I am in Calgary, Alberta, having passed though the splendour of the rockies to arrive here, one step closer to montreal. I'll be home soon.